Why Work and Life should be not too damn serious!
In his foreword for the Navalmanack, Tim Ferriss describes Naval Ravikant as someone who "doesn't take himself too damn seriously".
I believe that's an attitude we can all use, both in life and in work.
Hence a list of things which are "not too damn serious":
(Probably) not intended as fun
- It wasn't intended that way, but boxy Kei Cars are fun
Intended as fun
- Early 2021, the Reddit Wallstreetbets group decided to make fun of companies short-selling, by pumping the price of specific stocks to a tenfold and more. In early 2022 the price still floates around ...
- Similar to the above, around the same time Reddit users started to pump Dogecoin.
- A landmark video, DollarShaveClub definitely launched not too damn serious
- Your boss should be fun. I was lucky mine was .
- In 2016 the British Natural Environment Research Council launched a poll to name their new boat, the poll got hijacked by a radio station, resulting in a not too damn serious name!
- In Montreux, Switzerland, Nestle put a big fork in the lake. This could be improved upon. Brussels could put a big Brussels Sprout on their central square. Rome a massive pizza.
- Elon Musk build the CyberTruck. Elon in general doesn't take himself too damn serious.
- When Product Hunt gives an error page, you can choose to see just more pets
- Liquid Death is fun!
- Hacker Typer is fun
- Goat Simulator is fun
This page was inspired by fast, a list of things built fast